Archive for August, 2009
Great turn this weekend at the camp with 26! If you were not able to make it then, you missed out. Wall Ball, Push Ups, Sit Ups and of course a nice little run to keep the heart rate up. We will be at it again this Saturday however, World Camp will be closed on Monday, September 7th for Labor Day.
(Saturday group shown here doing some pre-workout agility)
Everyone here at WCF would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sam! For his big day Sam stopped by the camp on the way to Atlanta to knock out 5 Muscle Ups in a row! Nice job brother, enjoy your day!
not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity.”
10 Reasons NOT to train at World Camp Fitness
(And 10 reasons we don’t want you to come)
10. They make you try out – Just having a credit card and pulse does not get you a membership. You have to demonstrate your willingness and ability to train intensely enough to get results. Who wants to have to meet objective standards of performance?
9. They train too hard – You sweat and breathe hard in every workout. You train at the edge of the redline which makes it too hard to read a magazine while “working out.”They won’t let you be a part of the program if you just want to go through the motions.
8. They coach you – You can’t just sit and peddle on the bike, they make you learn and develop skills. They video workouts so people can see what they are doing and coach you on how to improve. You have to learn how to move better, so you can lift more weight faster – which means you get stronger, faster and lift properly. Who wants to be coached to be stronger or faster?
7. They don’t like whining or excuses– Complainers and criers are shunned, ridiculed, run off and are generally treated like lepers. They don’t consider the woe is me attitude to be a good thing or a badge of courage. It is the right of every human to paint himself or herself as a victim in everything so they can increase their popularity with their everything-is–wrong peer group. Who wants to go to a place where you can’t complain about everything under the sun?
6. They teach you new things – They make people learn new lifts, workouts and training methods – And expect you to master them. They teach and re-teach the fundamentals so you are good at them. Who wants to learn and perfect movements in constantly changing workouts?
5. They don’t have treadmills, machines, TV’s Etc. – They don’t have a place to adjust your make up or to flex while you stand around figuring out your next bicep exercise. You can’t check how your new outfit looks when you work out. There is no TV with Jerry or Montel or any other car crash program to distract you from your workout. They actually make you run to do your “cardio.” Who really wants to actually focus on training?
4. They tell you the truth – They tell you when you are not moving right, or babying yourself or going through the motions. They are do not praise you when you look like a space monkey having a seizure. If you do something stupid in a workout they will have probably videoed it and put it on YouTube. Who wants to be held accountable to actually do things right?
3. They expect you to get better and actually expect you to train – They expect you to add weight, go faster and maintain excellent form as a regular part of the training. They expect you to try harder to overcome the weakest links in your performance. They expect everyone who has a membership to actually come to the gym to workout. Who wants that kind of stress to constantly improve or show up?
2. They measure performance – They keep score and track your results. They won’t let you just go through the motions – They keep score on the results of your training. If your scores, weights or times are not improving, they want to know why. Who wants their performance to improve all the time?
1. They charge too much– They charge enough where you may actually feel compelled to show up and train. They think that if they provide a top level, fully equipped training space and expert coaches to coach you, it is of value to their members. Who wants to pay for a fully equipped and professionally run training center that expects people to workout and requires people to get results?
Thanks to Hyperfit USA for the list!
Great job to all that showed up this passed Saturday for the workout! Sam, you and Jesse need to stop running out before we take the group pic! You can find more pictures from this and other Saturday workouts in the albums on the right hand side of this page.
The 10am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday group has begun! Feel free to call or e-mail if you are interested in joining!
Meet Chip! Chip is a great athlete, avid cyclist and an all around good guy. I get the opportunity to see Chip in World Camp 2-3 times a week. He is the only member that I will allow to keep shoe behind the desk to wear during his workout. You see, Chip rides his road bike about 5 mi to his workout, 3 mi to a meeting place, 40 mi route around the surrounding counties and 5 back home. He does this, not because he has to, because it's his LIFE. What is your excuse?
Keep up the good work Chip! Everyone here at WCCF wishes you the best on your Century this weekend!
Great job to the basketball team from Albany Tech for their performance yesterday! It is great to see the way you guys work as a team and support each other. I wish you the best of luck with the upcoming season! Keep up the "HARD WORK"!
Remember, we are back on for this Saturday at 9am!
Saturday workouts are a great way to show your friends how hard you work by bringing them to join you; and then of course making fun of them when they fall out in the parking lot!
Great job to the Triathlon/ Duathlon team this passed Saturday! I was surprised how well we did seeings how no one practiced for the event. It just goes to show you that the proper training will allow you to adapt and preform well under any circumstance.
Results are as followed:
341 Duncan Moore 40 Albany GA 3 8:50 1.6 1:06 3 35:34 22.9 0:35 7 22:39 7:19 1:08:42
7 Ty Bettis 36 Albany GA 20 9:29 1.5 1:12 30 40:48 20.0 0:34 14 22:58 7:25 1:15:00
200 Sam Widman 28 Albany GA 20 10:59 1.3 1:05 19 44:28 18.4 0:49 10 22:47 7:21 1:20:06
206 Chip Battle 51 Albany GA 25 11:06 1.2 2:02 5 35:28 23.0 1:14 29 32:10 10:23 1:21:57
364 Elaine Giles 28 Albany GA 6 9:56 1.4 1:07 3 40:11 20.3 1:18 8 31:38 10:12 1:24:08
56 Kris Morrill 31 Albany GA 35 13:53 1.0 2:46 27 42:26 19.2 1:58 10 25:06 8:06 1:26:07
72 Jay Sharpe 32 Albany GA 12 9:29 1.5 1:49 29 49:34 16.5 1:08 23 28:28 9:11 1:30:26
357 Shane Harris 39 Albany GA 44 14:34 0.9 3:25 44 1:03:06 12.9 1:09 45 42:42 13:47 2:04:54
532 Thomas Talley 49 Albany GA 18 24:42 7:58 1:47 5 37:56 21.5 1:55 11 26:06 8:26 1:32:25
Great job to all! You can see more pictures of the event in the "ALBUM" section.
It was good to have Seth here for the short summer! Everyone here at World Camp wishes him the best as he goes back to Georgia Southern this fall!
Just a reminder! There will be no workout this Saturday 8/15/09. We have several members and a couple trainers participating in the Triathlon this weekend at Lake Blackshear. If you would like to go cheer them on let me know. We plan on meeting at the facility early to head over. Good luck to all participates!
Today was a good day! We ran, lunged and pulled up our way to better health. It's good to have Walt (shown above) in the 8pm group. He is a very competitive individual that gives 110% every night. Keep it up brother!
Also, there will be NO Saturday workout this week! We will be at Lake Blackshear for the Triathlon. If you are interested in cheering on the team, e-mail me for directions and startingtimes. I am sorry for the inconvenience, we will be open at regular time on Monday!
Great job to all that showed up this morning! All of the teams finished each drill with a respectable time and great show of heart. I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend and I look forward to seeing you next week. I will also be uploading more pictures of this and other workouts to the photo albums in the near future.
(Team mates Jennifer 1 and Jenny do tire flips!)
"I welcome you to the community of people who have decided that easy will no longer suffice."
- Mark Rippetoe
Life is not easy, so why should your workouts be? In order to be prepared for the curve balls life will throw at you, you must train harder than the circumstances that could arise. Remember, We sweat in here so we won't bleed out there…